Wednesday 27 January 2010

Guest artist, Judith Cheng, writes about what inspires her paintings


Illustration was a good starting point for me.

I get to learn to juggle different styles and subjects. Whether I'm spending time in Paris or working out from my artist retreat, deep in the mountain, my environment offers me endless inspiration in terms of light, shapes, color and moods.


Keeping a sketchbook is my therapy and my best friend. I started my artist retreat blog two summers ago, which reflect mostly my time in the Catskill Mt., New York.


I just started another blog, about Tuxedo Park.

As an artist, one is forever open to new inspiration. Tuxedo Park, NY, is quite a unique community with lots of history and paintable views.


Yes, lots more inspirations to fill my sketchbook.

Hopefully time enough to work up to more finished paintings. My finished paintings will be on my website.

Judith's handpainted greeting cards are available at Greeting Card Universe.

No comments: