Thursday 25 April 2013

Abergavenny Market Hall - Full of Surprises!



When I go shopping, I'm usually in a hurry to get what I need and back home again as quickly as possible. But when I went into town with my camera to take the photos for an earlier post, for once, I wasn't rushing from one shop to another and I'm glad I looked up as well as around me as I took a shortcut through the indoor market . . .



The Market Hall is always decorated beautifully for the Food Festival in September but I didn't realise that the decorations stay up for the rest of the year!


I've no idea who makes these marvellous models or what happens to them once they are taken down. 


These photos don't really do them justice because the market was very crowded and people kept bumping into me while I was taking them!

But I think they are works of art. And to think they've been there since September without me noticing them says rather too much for comfort about the way I usually rush around! 

6 comments:

Carole Barkett said...

I like those and I'll bet not many people notice.

Judy Adamson said...

I'm sure you're right, Carole :)

Crystal said...

Wow! what an awesome place. I would love a place like that!!! :-)

Judy Adamson said...

Yes, it's a great place to live, Crystal :)

Jayne said...

How neat :-)

Judy Adamson said...

HI Jayne - thank you for stopping by :)