Wednesday 9 March 2011

Tree painting #10 Queenswood, Herefordshire again


Today's trees are some more from Queenswood, the area of woodland that tops Dinmore Hill, between Hereford and Leominster.

I never much liked driving up Dinmore Hill! It's quite steep and goes round a long three-laned curve, where my little Peugeot, Guinevere, could never make her mind up which lane to be in. She's far too impatient to hang around behind the lorries in the inside 'crawler' lane and yet doesn't quite have the 'oomph' to keep up with the larger, more powerful cars in the outside lane.

But once arrived at the entrance to the country park at the top, it was always worth a few hairy moments on the way up - especially in the Autumn!





3 comments:

jeanlivingsimple said...

Judy, I love the curve of the tree limbs over the road or path. Love the pretty Autumn colors too!

With a name like Queenswood...you know the place would be beautiful.

Judy Adamson said...

Hi Jean - yes, it's probably that curve that attracted me to that view of the trees. I also seem to have made a Thanksgiving invitation recently with a similar view of the trees in our local park.

I think it's time I did some googling to discover which Queen the name refers to. Queen Elizabeth 1, I should imagine!

Judy Adamson said...

Yes, as I thought, it was Queen Elizabeth 1, though before her time it was known as Kingswood!

Here's a link to the history of this ancient woodland:

http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/leisure/parks_recreation/48504.asp