Sunday 27 February 2011

Tree Paintings #3 Castle Meadows, Abergavenny


This is one of my favourite places to walk - and take photos, especially on a summer's evening, as long as it's not too wet underfoot! The River Usk flows through the Meadows, behind the distant trees and the Blorenge Mountain in the background, protects us from the worst of the South-Westerlies!

I've painted the clump of trees above many times, at various times of year and from different angles. But below is a different view - looking down into the Meadows from the top of the steep path that takes you down from the Castle to the Meadows.




4 comments:

Di said...

These are beautiful. Must be wonderful & inspiring to live somewhere near such ancient forests. Yes -save the trees... they can't be replaced.

Judy Adamson said...

Thank you so much, Di. I'm glad you like my paintings. I think in most of them, I'm trying, albeit unconsciously, to spread a little bit of sunshine!

Yes, it is a good place to live! I am less than ten minutes' walk from quite a good supermarket and yet only a few minutes more from the Castle and the Meadows below it! And I can see our three mountains, Sugarloaf, Skirrid and The Blorenge without leaving my house - just!

jeanlivingsimple said...

Judy, What a beautiful place! I love both paintings. They make me wish I was "there".

Judy Adamson said...

Hi Jean - thank you for stopping by!

It is indeed a lovely spot and I'm very lucky to have been able to move here because my sort of work - and the internet! - means I can live more or less where I like!