Tuesday 23 August 2011

Another artist who doesn't know what she's doing!


A friend told me about a programme about an elderly artist I'd missed so I was delighted to find it was going to be repeated on the BBC News Channel. But when I switched over to watch it, the rebels in Libya had just entered Tripoli and that, of course, took precedence over the artist, Gillian Ayres!

Fortunately, I found it on BBC iPlayer and would like to share it with as many people as possible as I found it very inspiring:


I'm not sure how long this will be available or whether it is even availble outside of the UK, but if you can, do spare half an hour to watch it - and let me know in the comments, what you think!


3 comments:

Crystal said...

Sorry Judy, can't see it in the U.S. :-(

Judy Adamson said...

Oh dear, that's a shame, Crystal, but I thought that might happen.

Gillian Ayres is an abstract artist in her 80s and you could search for her biography but it wouldn't give the 'flavour' of her work and ideas. I pricked up my ears when she said she 'didn't know what she's doing' and 'don't listen to teachers'! Her paintings are vast and she also mentioned the difficulty of moving to smaller paintings, which is something I've struggled with.

jeanlivingsimple said...

I wish I could have watched this wise lady.