First of all, I'd like to thank all who have helped to make this blog 'come alive' with your comments and also to welcome all new 'followers'. I hope you'll find plenty to interest you or maybe inspire you here, or at least something to make you smile.
Here are half a dozen quotes about art that made me smile -
1. 'Painting: the art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critic.'
2. 'Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere.'
G. K. Chesterton
3. 'Bad artists always admire each other's work.'
4. 'Good art is in the wallet of the beholder.'
5. 'Abstract art? A product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.
6. 'Very few people possess true artistic ability. It is therefore both unseemly and unproductive to irritate the situation by making an effort. If you have a burning, restless urge to write or paint, simply eat something sweet and the feeling will pass.'
Do you have any funny or light-hearted Art quotes or jokes to share? If so, please add them in the 'Comments' box.