Friday 5 November 2010

Autumn in the Park

I have often mentioned the park that I cut across on my way to the shops and the avenue of beech trees is particularly spectacular both in Spring and in Autumn. They were almost the last to change colour this year and won't last long if this wind keeps up so I'm glad I popped across the road and took a few snaps of them earlier in the week:


It's from this path that I spotted the 'smiley' cut in the bracken high up on the hillside to the right of the park.


One thing I don't like about my new camera, compared to the previous one is that sometimes it's impossible to see what you are photographing in the viewfinder, especially when the sun is bright, so most of these were a case of 'click and hope'!

But it's difficult to go too far wrong when Mother Nature is doing most of the work!

I was short of time, so I didn't go far into the park - but I didn't really need to!

This was as far I ventured from the front gates that you can see at the bottom the picture. But I'm glad to have 'captured' something of the breathtaking route to town!

6 comments:

Ulla Hennig said...

Beautiful photos!

Judy Adamson said...

Thank you, Ulla - it's a beautiful route to the shops!

Carole Barkett said...

absolutely stunning capture, really beautiful colors I hope you have the time to paint some of them someday :O)

Judy Adamson said...

Thank you, Carole - it was mostly a question of luck really! But the gales have blown most of the leaves down and more gales forecast for Monday so I expect to see bare branches next time I go to town!

Polly said...

What a beautiful walk to the shops! Your photos are lovely. Can imagine all those English Blackbirds and Thrushes singing in those trees.

In your comment on my blog you mentioned having uploaded your pastel works to Zazzle. Would love to look at them, how do I find them?

Judy Adamson said...

Hi Polly - thank you for your comments. Actually one of the first things I noticed when I moved to Wales was that even the blackbirds seem to sing more in this 'Land of Song'!

And thank you for reminding me that I hadn't posted the link to the pastel landscapes! I've done it now and chose one of the drystone walls to go with it. Hope this isn't all making you too homesick!