And yet, there’s beginning to be a distinctively autumnal feel to the evenings . . .
So I’ve been exploring ‘trends’ for Autumn/Winter 2013/14 -
- Black and white is set to continue to feature large.
- The homespun feel of checks and plaids, tweeds, Fair Isle and cable stitch knitting will still be popular, both for fashion and homewares.
- By way of contrast, we’ll see the opulent silks and velvets associated with the ‘Geisha Girl’ style.
- Patterns will still tend towards the Mid-Century Modern styles.
- And - music to my ears! - we will be seeing plenty of ‘70s psychedelic colour palettes!
The '70s was one of my favourite decades. Way back then, I owned a set of stylised floral table mats in very similar colours to the Fuchsia palette above.
I don’t they would fit well in my current house but in a modern house, a combination of the three darker shades with the two lighter ones as accents could work very well. And I think this palette would be fabulous for clothes!
What do you think?