Tuesday 10 August 2010

Right-brain, left-brain...


I was delving in my big Art Cupboard yesterday, in the hope of finding some paper that would be suitable for use with my Inktense Pencils when a screenprint from years ago fell out from amongst a pile of clean paper! (That's how organised I am!). It's the design that emerged from the 'Ts' and 'Ls' exercise that I described in my April post, 'Do you know what you're doing?' - which turned out to be all about right-brain, left-brain stuff.

I also came across an old non-digital photo of another of the paintings from way back that I mentioned in that post - the chair with the 'wrong' perspective:


The screenprint certainly isn't 'pretty' - I wasn't in the mood for 'pretty' at the time! Maybe, if I cleaned it up, it would do well on a 'product' on Zazzle!

4 comments:

Carole Barkett said...

The screen print just might, my son has one not all that much different.

Michele said...

Your chair painting looks like a Van Gogh. Some of his early stuff has intensely dodgy perspective, makes us mortals feel much better...

jeanlivingsimple said...

Judy, I agree that the painting of the chair favors Van Gogh's work. I love it!

Judy Adamson said...

Well, my work has been likened to Bonnard and Cezanne in the past, but never to Van Gogh - for once, I'm lost for words!

The thing about that still life is that I'm never very comfortable with too many diagonals. Somehow they give me a feeling of instability and there are a lot of diagonals in that painting. So I needed that horizontal to 'anchor' it. I didn't realise that was the reason at the time, of course, it was just instinctive.