Tuesday 15 March 2011

Tree paintings #13 - Allt yr Ynys


Spring has definitely sprung here in the Welsh borders!

The daffodils are coming out and in this painting, there are still a few snowdrops in the foreground!

These trees are in the grounds of a country house hotel, just across the border in Herefordshire, though the landscape is still very Welsh in character, being so close to the Black Mountains.  The River Monnow, that gives its name to the county of Monmouthshire, runs through the grounds of the hotel, as do various cycle routes.

Much as I love the Springtime, I don't usually feel tempted to paint Spring landscapes. But something must have persuaded me to make an exception - probably the sunshine on the tree trunks!





2 comments:

Crystal said...

I love this! The way the light hits the ground. So relaxing and simply beautiful! You should be tempted more often :-)

Judy Adamson said...

Thank you!

Interesting that you mention the light. Although I wasn't aware of it at the time, I think it's often the way the light falls that draws me to a subject. Just hope that now I've noticed it, I won't go looking for it - that wouldn't work at all for me!